A quick morning routine for an energised, focused day
It is believed by top performers that how you start your day determines how the rest of your day will be.
Now imagine the possibility of consciously setting out a quick and effective morning routine that sets you on the path for an energised, focused and productive day everyday? We have put together a quick, highly effective morning routine guide that is guaranteed to set you on the path to a fabulous day.
If you wake up and your mind immediately jumps to everything you have to do before midday, everyone you still owe an email or a phone call, and a thousand other busy thoughts; you’re setting yourself up for an anxious day ahead.
Before you get out of bed in the morning, sit upright and close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths in and out and begin to visualise your day ahead. Go through your day in your mind, imagine driving to work, having meetings, being with your children and so on. As you visualise going through your day ahead, visualise every experience as being easeful, joyful, successful and fun. Visualise everything working out for you.
This is a powerful practice that aligns you with the day that you wish to have.
MovementAnother gift you can give to yourself in the mornings is engaging in a few minutes of simple movement to wake up your body. This has numerous benefits such as improved circulation, digestion, brain function, weight loss and overall energy levels. If you have enough time in the morning, take 30 minutes to go for a run, cycle, a swim or to the gym. If you don’t have enough time for such a long session of exercise then even just a few minutes of movement will add significant value to your day. Perhaps you want to put on your favorite song and dance around the house for 5 minutes – anything to get your body moving will do. If you need some inspiration, here are a few simple exercise ideas:
- Neck rolls
- Touching your toes
- Star jumps
- Stomach crunches
- Push ups
- Downward dog
- Child’s pose
- Running on the spot
- A few sun salutations
Feel GoodTake that little bit of extra time when you get dressed in the morning. When you feel good inside, you naturally want to look good on the outside and when you look good you just feel more confident and self-assured.
- Wear your favourite dress, put on your special earrings and take a few extra minutes to do your hair and make up
- Iron your shirt, shine your shoes and put on your cologne
- And when you are dressed, look at yourself in the mirror and say ‘I look good’, ‘I’ve got this!’
- Take this confidence and sense of feeling good with you throughout your day
Get your nutrients in!
You are what you eat, it is as simple as that. We invite you to become conscious of what you eat, especially in the morning as this sets your digestive health for the day ahead.
- Start your morning off with a cup of warm water and lemon or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in half a cup of water. These are beneficial for your digestive system.
- If you can, then make yourself a fruit smoothie or green juice. A great and simple green juice can be apple, celery, cucumber and lemon while an easy smoothie can be apple, banana and berries for example.
- Take your chosen health supplements such as Avalife ENERGY BOOST, IMMUNE SUPPORT, CALM, VITA-C or ASHWAGANDHA (visit our product page at https://avalife.co.za/products/ to find the supplement that is best suited to you)
- Try limit yourself to only one cup of coffee in the morning
- Pack yourself some healthy snacks for your day such as fruit, nuts and seeds, a health bar or a superfood shake
Before you head out the door, take a few minutes to organise your day so that you feel completely on top of everything. You can also do this the night before if your days are full.
- Go through your daily schedule to efficiently plan your time
- Check all your appointments for the day
- Write down all your to do’s
- Incorporate any additional commitments such as fetching children from extra murals
- Make a quick list of the things that you may need to follow up on or people you need to call / email.
And voila, you are all set physically, mentally and emotionally for an energised, focused and productive day.